Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20th 2009, From Dimas To Obama


Dimas is unwell.
He got this asthma attack yesterday. Didn't sleep all night.
So today we spent morning and afternoon in hospital. Thanks God, He's okay now.
So exhausted he felt asleep on the couch.


I hope he'll be able to sleep well tonight.


And yes! Today is the day.
Despite all doubts about Obama, I have to say that I love the "we are one" inaugural concert. Love Bono, as always.

”Let freedom ring. On this spot where we’re standing 46 years ago Dr. King had a dream. On Tuesday, that dream comes to pass,” before launching into ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’, U2’s tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

“This is not just an American dream,” he said, adding that it was “also an Irish dream, a European dream, an African dream… an Israeli dream… and also a Palestinian dream.”


Love Bruce Springsteen and Peter Seeger,

"As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said “No Trespassing.”
But on the other side it didn’t say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.

In the shadow of the steeple I saw my people,
By the relief office I seen my people;
As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking
Is this land made for you and me?

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway;
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
This land was made for you and me."


Did you see them?

Forget Obama with his hear-see-speak nothing. Forget him with his "deep concerned" and "strongest ally" talks.

I want to believe, with so many nice people out there,
with or without Obama, change will come.

Barack Hussein Obama, good luck!
May God help you.

3 comments:

Chet said...

I might just be dreaming but I feel the times are changing and so far I like what I have heard.

I might not be of Bono's generation but I do love what he has done in his activism and his music is not bad either!

Progressive Pinhead said...

Hopefully Dimas will be better soon.

I hope Obama will live up to his noble words, but sadly I doubt it.

Irfan said...

i have never been a fan of the US (i'm a fan of their Reese Witherspoon though :D), hence never put too much hope on Obama, for it's not too much of my interest. But yes, i do have some hope for him, which is at least he does not carry on bush'es foreign policies. i hated america more than ever during bush's administration, let's hope my hate stops here right now...